Sunday, January 3, 2010

leaving never gets easier

I'm at the airport right now waiting for my flight back to Monterrey. It's early (5am) and I've already been up for well over two hours...eek.

Oh I don't want to go back right now. When you taste Colorado, you want a gallon more. I'm realizing more and more how hard it is to come home. All I want to do is stay here. You don't realize how great Colorado is until you leave it.

L and I had a long talk the other night about this and a few things really stuck out to me. I made a commitment to Mexico. I didn't say, "Mexico, only if you make me happy will I stay." I told my job that I would stay next year, no matter how I was feeling. Commitment is an important thing to learn. It's one thing to say you are committed and another to actually practice it. Right now, I'm practicing it. There isn't a whole lot in me right now that feels like staying in Monterrey next year. But, I made a commitment and there is a lot to say about sticking that out and following through with my word.

The first night I was back in Colorado, I asked L,
"What am I doing in Mexico?????"
She simply replied,
"Growing!"

No comments: