Thursday, January 7, 2010

heart comes alive

I'm sick as a dog right now. I went to the doctor this afternoon and I have some type of throat infection. The doctor gave me three different antibiotics and told me I'd be back on my feet by Monday. Being sick gives you time to think. Here are a few of my thoughts....

Things that make my heart come alive
-speaking (trying to speak) Spanish
-working with kids
-working with people that are less fortunate than myself
-deep conversations with friends
-a good church community
-yoga
-worship

Things that take me away from God
-too much time on facebook or the internet
-gossip
-feeling sorry for myself
-the busyness of my job
-desiring to be somewhere else, other than where God has placed me right now


What can I do to make my heart come alive in Mexico?

I saw this quote in the book Forgotten God by Francis Chan.

"Receiving freedom and healing in answer to prayer is generally not something that is done to you, a situation in which you are just a passive participant. Occasionally God works this way and simply heals or frees a person outright. He is certainly capable of this. But in my experience, He typically asks to play an active role in the journey towards wholeness. He doesn't need our help, but he invites us to participate. "

I don't want to be passive anymore.

No comments: