One thing that Dan talks about in his interview is the power of telling people how much you care about them, before its too late. We don't know how much time we are going to be alive. I know, that sounds morbid, but its true. I always wait to forgive, always wait to say I love you, just because I think I'll have more time. Why do I wait so long?
I started to think about people in my own life that I have had a hard time forgiving. God has been doing a lot in my heart in this area in the last few months and it made me realize a few things. Forgiveness is a choice, not a feeling. It's funny, because we have so many mis-conceptions about what forgiveness is. We think that it will make the wrong someone did right. We feel like it gives the other person more power. But the thing is...it doesn't; it sets US free. There is a quote I saw that said, "To forgive sets the prisoner free, only to discover that prisoner was you." It sets us free from bitterness and anger and allows us to follow God more closely. It allows us to walk again, breathe again, and live again in a whole new light. Forgiveness gives us freedom!
No comments:
Post a Comment