Once again, my sick day today gave me a lot of time to think.....
A few thoughts:
I'm struggling with the idea of being here next year. Struggling is an understatement for this. I don't want to be here next year, yet, for some reason, I feel like I NEED to be here.
I was looking through some old sermon notes and found one on God's Will.
Jay said,
"Sometimes God asks you to do something and it won't go well--He is testing your character."
"Focus on who you are becoming! God is more focused on your transformation than on information."
These two things hit me like a ton of bricks. Both things are true for me right now. Monterrey has not been an easy adventure for me but by God have I changed through it. Jesus is transforming each day by being here. This journey has brought me closer to God and has transformed me into an adult.
I think God has a huge sense of humor. How funny is it that he puts me in the richest part of Mexico. A place where juicy culture and Louis Voitton are normal. A place where wearing sweats to the grocery store is considered one of the seven deadly sins. I find it funny that whenever I step into a store or a starbucks, people look at me like they're better than I am. I find it funny that I teach students that are so spoiled they don't know what to do with their money. I find it funny that I haven't met a person taller than 5'10 here. It just hit me today...how funny is it that I am here? I am not materialistic, I love the outdoors, I wear my sweats to the grocery store, and my goodness I am a TALL gringa. I stick out like a sore thumb. I don't think its a coincidence that I am here...no not at all. I just find it so funny that God chose Monterrey as the place to teach me all of this in.
My Mexican adventure is not over...and for the first time...I can say that it excites me to see what God will do with my last year here.
No comments:
Post a Comment