Tuesday, January 19, 2010

A momentary gift

Second post in one day...I'm feeling ambitious.

"Happiness is inappropriate when it's our goal, but it's not inappropriate when it's God's momentary gift. Open it. Enjoy it. And remember it when times get tough." -Beth Moore-

Reasons why I feel happy right now

1. I feel close to God

2. I'm running regularly and training for the Austin 1/2 marathon

3. It's NO longer cold here...the sun came out! We've been rockin high 70 temps since Friday, SO much better than the -5 just two weeks ago. I honestly think I have a good mood switch that turns on when the sun comes out. Man, I love warm weather!

4. I started going to a pretty sweet church in San Pedro called La Vid. It's about five minutes from my house and is HUGE! I had no idea a protestant church of this size existed in Monterrey. I think it has a lot of potential to find friends in.

5. I have started taking a Spanish class at the Tec de Monterrey. My first class was tonight, it was awesome ( tambien super dificil pero me gusta mucho)

6. I have a date with a cute mexican tomorrow night that only speaks Spanish. We'll see how that one goes. ( sorry dad)

I go through phases here all the time, but in just the past week, I've felt content here. This phase might pass but for right now, I'm going to enjoy it.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can totally relate to the warm temperature/sunny day mood switch. I'm glad for your sake that you're getting sunshine. I had no idea Mexico could get such cold temperatures.

Good luck with your half marathon training and the race itself! Are you still thinking of running one over the summer in Colorado?

-kristyn

Hannah said...

Hey Kristyn,

I know, its so crazy how the weather can affect your mood! I'm not sure if I am going to be in Colorado long enough this summer to run one there. I'll definitely let you know though if I sign up for one. How are you doing? How's your baby boy?