Monday, September 13, 2010

Luxuries of the Rich

There are just some things I've taken for granted or considered "normal" to have. Juany has taught me that those things we consider necessities in our lives are simply luxuries of the rich.

1. Purified water
2. Exercise...really how many poor people run at the park after work?
3. Healthy or organic foods
4. Internet
5. education after elementary school
6. a job that pays a "salary"
7. books of any kind
8. new clothes/shopping at the mall
9. grocery shopping at the super market
10. air conditioning
11. owning a car
12. insurance
13. health care/seeing a doctor
14 the ability to hop on an airplane and travel
15. laptop computers
16. ipods
17. The ability to get a visa to go to any other country you want
18. The ability to make choices ( Should I go to this college or this one? Should I travel to Spain or France? Should I take this job or this one?)

I hear Americans talk like this all the time

"Man, if only I was rich. I would go on vacation next week."
"Once I win the lottery, than life will be good."

We're mistaken if we don't think we're rich. Did you know that if you make over 20,000 dollars a year, you are richer than 90 percent of the world? America is rich. You are. I am. It's the truth. What are you going to do about it?



No comments: