Sunday, September 5, 2010

Las cosas sencillas//the simple things

I love Sundays with Juany. It's by far my favorite day of the week.

Sundays always start with Juany rushing into my room shouting,

"Despierta Hannah, vamos al iglesia!"//"Wake up Hannah, we're going to church!"

I usually kick and scream a little bit before she starts to take the covers off my bed. In a sleepy fashion, I usually try to spit out something in Spanish that is recognizable by a native speaker. Usually it doesn't happen. Man, my spanish is bad when I'm sleepy. ;)

After eating a little desayuno while listening to Hillsong ( Heelllsung in the words of Juany), we drive to church and listen to pastor Jorge talk about Jesus. Every week, I understand more and more of the sermon. It's a beautiful thing.

In the afternoon, we always cook lunch together and talk about the sermon and what God is doing in our lives.

It's a simple routine, but I love every minute of it.
Juany is such a blessing in my life.
I'm so glad I listened when God asked me to move in with her.




No comments: