Monday, December 7, 2009

In need of perspective

Have you ever wondered why you only remember the good times? You hardly ever look back on a period of your life and remember all that was disappointing ,bad, or depressing. When I look back on College, I only remember how awesome it was, even though I definitely had a lot of hard times during my four years at CU.

It's funny what perspective does. You start to think, "If I could only go back to college, or high school, or back to this state or that country."

I say this, because right now, I lack perspective. I don't want to be in Mexico and I am having a hard time seeing why I am here. But I do know that in five years I'll look back on this time of my life and understand what Mexico taught me and the good times I have had here.

I need to trust that I am here for a reason. It's not a mistake that God brought me here. And while this past month and a half have been super difficult, I need to remember that Mexico is exactly where I need to be.




1 comment:

Unknown said...

The years teach much which the days never know. - Emerson

Just remember that wherever you are, that is exactly where you need to be at that moment. Although it sounds like you already know this. :)

Can't wait to see you. Hang in there.