There's a full out war going on in Mexico right now.
The government vs. the drug cartels
I know you've heard about it "accurately" from CNN but they always seem to leave out stories like this.
My friend Jorge was at a local salsa club called La Rumba this past weekend. His friends were late, as usual, and he was waiting in the front lobby on the couches. While the Salsa is jamming, Jorge notices 12 men, dressed in black, with machine guns walk into the club. The men fire warning shots through the ceiling .
"EVERYONE DOWN!" ( I'm sure they used more colorful language)
All 12 men went directly to a specific table, grabbed the District Attorney in charge of prosecuting drug cartels, kicked the crap out of him, and dragged him out of the dance club. The salsa music never stopped. The man hasn't been found.
On the way out of the club, one of the armed men came up to Jorge and told him, "Don't worry, go back on in and enjoy, we're not here for you."
I'm thinking I should find a new salsa club to go to.
2 comments:
Oh, geez, Hannah. That's completely out of control! I can't believe things like that are still happening all over the world, but of course you'd never hear about it in the American media.
I love you. Dance the salsa in your kitchen.
That is freaking crazy (though not altogether surprising, sadly). I wonder what anyone could even do to control the situation there...
Post a Comment