Even though, I have been in San Pedro for a year, the wealth never seems to shock me. We are currently studying Native Americans and their 8 aspects of culture. ( religion, environment, tools and technology, etc.) Today, I had each student bring in an object that represents their own 8 aspects.
V comes up to the front and opens up her big bag of artifacts. A nice IPOD touch pops out as she explains that this represents her own technology.
V proudly states, "We have a IPOD touch in each room of my house, each with a set of speakers. Sometimes when my family wants to listen to different types of music, we have a system where the speakers can be synced to play in different rooms."
I'm thinking...wow an IPOD in each room..that's swanky... that's no more than 4 or 5 right?...
Next, V pulls out a picture of her house for the "Shelter" aspect of culture. The picture fits half the page as she shows the class her 3 story mansion.
The house had to have at least 20 rooms...
You can do the math.
No comments:
Post a Comment