Sunday, August 29, 2010

In the midst of fear

I wish I could tell you that I feel completely comfortable in Monterrey and have had no doubts about whether or not I should continue living here. Between the shooting outside my school, the explosion two blocks from my house, the blockades on the streets I drive on, or the drug cartells that have taken over this city, I've seriously thought about calling it quits here...much earlier than expected.

One thing about God and I is that whenever I come to the end of myself, He shows up. He reassures me one way or another and keeps leading me in the direction He wants me to follow. This past week has been no different.

Every time I spend time with Him, He gives me answers to my doubts.

I ask, "God do you really want me here, especially when the US consulate has pulled out all American workers?"

In the midst of my doubts, He showed me Joshua 1:9

He told me,

"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous Hannah. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go."

WHEREVER I GO! It could be Denver or Monterrey, but God is with us wherever we go.

Over and over again, I feel like He has told me to not be discouraged this week. He keeps reassuring me that He is with me. He keeps putting people in my life that reassure me that they are here for me and are looking out for my best interest.

God has never let me down. I'm going to listen to Him on this one.

No comments: