Thanking Juany over and over again for her hard work, she made it seem like it was nothing.
"No te preocupes Hannah!"
A few days ago, I was talking to Pam, Cristina's mom. Their family lives a rock throw away from us.
"Hannah, man, you should have seen your house after the Hurricane. It was a raging river!"
"Really?" I asked surprised. When I had come in, it had looked perfect, literally with no sign of water damage.
"Yeah, their was a hole in Juany's room where the air conditioner should have been and water just poured through."
Still completely confused, I asked her who had cleaned it up.
"Your landlords ( 80 year old sisters) came in and cleaned up. They scrubbed and cleaned and got all the water out. Afterwards, Juany came in and went to town. She scrubbed and mopped and made sure all your stuff was out of the water."
Completely shocked at this point, I couldn't get over how sweet these old ladies and Juany had been.
Later on that night, I asked Juany about the house and why she hadn't told me just how bad it had been. "I didn't want you to worry Hannah," she said.
Blown away by their kindness, I bought them all flowers. But really, I can't seem to get over how kind that was. If that water would have been left over the summer, I would have come back to a big lake in my house and moldy walls and belongings.
Thanks God for putting great people in my life!
No comments:
Post a Comment