Monday, March 1, 2010

the scary "stuff"

I woke up this morning at 2am to hear the police outside my window. One was talking in Spanish on his walky-talky but I couldn't make out what he was saying. Peering out my bedroom window, I saw several police officers standing around the house across the street from mine. The thing you need to know about policemen here is that they don't carry regular guns; they always have machine guns with them. This time was no different.

The house across from us has always been suspicious. I have been convinced over the past five months that there has definitely been "stuff" going down there, if you know what I mean. (put Mexico and drug-trafficking together, and you'll know what I mean)

I found out this morning that my suspicions were right. They had arrested 13 people for holding an illegal underground casino. Where was the money going to? You can guess.....

And so right now as we speak, there are four men outside my house with giant machine guns.

Monterrey is infested with drug traffickers; I just had no idea that they were living right next to me.








No comments: