Saturday, March 13, 2010

its the little things that matter

I went out to lunch with a friend of mine today. She is from Monterrey and has two kids that are in second and first grade. She speaks perfect English but we spoke Spanish today to "practicar mi español"

As I walked into the restaurant, she introduced me to her little girl. As cute as could be, she came up and gave me a besito on my cheek. We started to speak in Spanish and I found out that she is first grade and also loves to paint her nails. ;) In the middle of our conversation, she stops, looks at me, and says,

"Wait, you speak English too??"

Being quite the tall blonde gringa, I think it was possibly the nicest thing someone has said to me in a long time. Funny, how God gives us encouragement in the small things.

With a huge smile, I responded, "Claro que si amiga!"




2 comments:

Unknown said...

Aw, that is adorable! :D

Jodi Kendall said...

Haha! I love it! :) What a sweet story.