Thursday, October 8, 2009

Missing the seasons

Being a weatherman in Monterrey has to be a boring job. The reason: the weather doesn't really change here. It goes from REALLY hot ( July, August, September) to hot ( October-April) back to REALLY hot. You can throw in a few "cold" days in November too.

I miss watching the leaves change to yellow and orange
I miss waiting for the first snow of the season
I miss scraping frost off my car
I miss wearing a jacket for the first time
I miss putting on the heater

I miss the change from Winter to Spring.
I miss the first time its above 70 in April. You wake up, put on shorts for the first time in months, and run out to play frisbee.

I miss snowboarding
sledding
snowballs
sweat pants and snow boots


I miss having seasons

2 comments:

Mike said...

Dude, it snowed in boulder yesterday... It's exciting, but brrr

Beth said...

Wow, I have been feeling that EXACT same way lately... October is my favorite month. I love crisp, cool, sweatshirt days. I believe it's over 100 degrees here.

I do not, however, miss driving in the snow. At ALL.