Nestled on the Gulf of Mexico, La Pesca is a small fishing village about 6 hours from Monterrey. With our first real Puente (long weekend) my neighbors and I took a road trip to this great little beach town this weekend. A one road town, La Pesca has two restaurants, two farmacias, lots of stray dogs, and of course, lots of friendly Mexicans. Not big on tourism, I am pretty sure we were the first blonde gringas any of the locals had seen in a long time.
While the weather was not at its finest this past weekend (overcast) I enjoyed relaxing. I slept, read, played card games in our cute little cabana, and walked along the beach. I got to know my neighbors a lot better and had time away from the busyness of ASFM and Monterrey.
It was a time to
process
reflect
relax
Dario, the owner of the cabana we stayed in, told us to come back anytime.
I'm going to take him up on his offer.
5 comments:
glad you got some time away. looks beautiful there! :)
wow, that beach looks so idyllic. almost the exact opposite of snow-covered boulder this weekend.
do you have more pictures to share?
Hey Rob, I put some on facebook but I can upload some more on here too. I can't believe it snowed in Boulder, I'm a little jealous.
I love the seashell picture! Is that a lighthouse in the background?
Hey Laura,
Yeah, its a light house with a lot of little huts around it. The beach was so cold that day but absolutely BEAUTIFUL! :)
Post a Comment