Monday, October 5, 2009

Encouragement

As I was rounding up kids after recess, my principal came up, and put her arm around my shoulder.

"Hannah, how are you dear?"

"I'm doing great S, thanks for asking," I smile, S. always makes me feel welcome.

"I just wanted to congratulate you on such a great start to the year," she says.

"Your classroom management looks great, many teachers have told me they've seen a big difference!"

Giving her a huge hug ( maybe too big for a boss) I couldn't stop thanking her. Classroom management has been my biggest struggle as a new teacher. I feel so encouraged to hear that she has seen a difference from last year.

I haven't stopped smiling since .

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats!

Laura S said...

Oh, yay! I remember you writing about that being a big concern for you last year. From what you've written, it does sound like you have your classroom under control much more than last year. Well done you!