Walking into "Protege Tu Corazon" (Sex Ed) with two groups of boys today, I literally had no idea what was in store for today's session. The two presenters asked the boys to sit down and quickly started playing a movie.
Flashing through photos of pregnant moms and little babies, the movie explained all about women during pregnancy and how babies "came about." In between grading papers, I saw the movie give little snap shots of babies in different developmental stages throughout their 9 month journey.
It was very tame and informative until I heard one of the boys scream,
"FIASCCCCO"
Caught off guard, my eyes shot up to the screen. In disbelief, the large jumbo screen was portraying a close up shot of a woman giving birth. Clear as day, a woman's va-j-jay", not edited, was birthing the head of a small baby.
Screams shot out.
Boys covered their eyes.
N, next to me, whimpered, "Meees, did I come out that way?"
One boy asked to leave. He looked like he was about to puke.
Having NO idea how to handle it, I mean seriously, how do you handle something like this off guard,
I turned bright red.
And
started laughing.
Turning on the lights, the presenter, looked over at me. Tears strolling down my red face, I couldn't muster up the courage to look at my students' faces. What do you say to twenty five 10- year old boys that just saw a women's hu-ha for the first time?
I quickly dismissed them to recess and shot over to "pre-warn" the next teacher heading to the session.
Later on, the Spanish teacher came up to me, and said, "Your boys are having a really hard time concentrating today."
In my head, I thought, "You would too if you'd seen a three foot va-ja-jay."
All I do know is that these boys will not be having sex any time soon.
4 comments:
This made me laugh! I don't even want to picture a 3' "va-ja-jay"...
LOL! Oh, Hannah. I love your kids, even though we're miles away...I feel like I know them. :)
oh my god - i would be scarred for sure if that had happened to me. wow, this is hilarious
omg. I read this twice, and laughed just as hard the second time as I did the first!
I believe that in circles that actually videotape their babies being born, that is referred to as "the money shot." I met a woman once who told me that when she instructed her husband to tape her giving birth, he proceeded to tape three hours of nothing but the money shot. Now there's something for posterity.
Post a Comment