Friday, June 26, 2009

Some of God's greatest gifts are unanswered prayers

I am listening to the song "Unanswered Prayers" by Garth Brooks.

He sings,

Sometimes I thank God for unanswered prayers
Remember when you're talkin' to the man upstairs
That just because he may not answer doesn't mean he don't care
Some of God's greatest gifts are unanswered prayers

I truly believe that every single hurt, disappointment, or let down is put in your life for a very specific reason. While it might not take the sting away, God knows what He is doing. And someday, you'll look back on your unanswered prayers, and thank God for the way things turned out.

The Proverbs 31 devotional this morning said,

"Disappointment only stings as long as I let it."

Dear Lord, I freely offer up whatever has been a disappointment to me lately as a sacrifice of praise to You. I know You love me so much, that this disappointment is really Your way of protecting me, providing something better, or just part of the process of growing me more like You. So, for all three of those I praise You- praise You- and praise You again for the good that is wrapped in this disappointment. In Jesus' Name, Amen.

No comments: