I've been back in Colorado for the past week. People have always told me that everyone goes through "re-culture shock" once you come back home after a long time away in another country. After being back here for a week, I could not agree with this more. It's not even the language or culture shift, it's just that everything is different here now. People are married, friendships look different, friends have kids, people have moved-things are different and its strange to adapt to. I went to church yesterday at the Vineyard and only knew two people in the whole congregation. It's like no time has passed yet everything has changed. I can't completely explain it, other than I have been having a bit of hard time trying to figure out where I fit in in Colorado again. I have also found that my own priorities in life have changed since last year. Things I valued before I moved are not as high on my priority list anymore. I feel a bit like a stranger in my own state. Hmmm...
We have been having some severe weather here in Colorado. From tornado warnings to hail, it has been quite the change from the 110 degree weather in Monterrey. I kind of feel like I am getting the "winter" weather I never had this year. I am loving it!
No comments:
Post a Comment