Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Oh the good ol CO

I think I am starting to adjust to being back home. I realized I had to make a decision. I could either
1) not get too involved with people this summer, knowing I would be heading back to Mexico soon OR
2) Live in the now, invest into church, new friendships, and old ones. Yes, I am leaving again, but all I know is today and that's how I want to live.

I decided on number 2.

I'm getting back involved with the Vineyard, starting to connect again in Boulder, and feel a little more at home in Colorado. I still have a craving to be back in Mexico but I've come to realize the normalcy in that. It's my home now, Colorado isn't.

A mentor of mine in Monterrey told me that I should view this summer as if I were an actual Mexican Citizen coming to live in the states for a few months. Everything is weird, they speak English, I don't fit in, but that is okay because "I am just visiting." I love this perspective. It takes the pressure off from feeling like I should immediately fit right back in.

Here is to living in the NOW instead of in Mexico.
And, nothing beats the beautiful Colorado mountains, nothing!
:)

No comments: