Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Blessed beyond measure

I'm sitting on my bed right now, writing my cute little students letters. They have two more days of school left and I wanted to give them something they could remember 5th grade by. I want them to know that even though I am strict with them, I care about them. I want them to know that they are special and beautiful just the way they are. I want them to know that no matter what life throws at them, they should never give up. I want them to put their best into everything they do. I want them to know that it is okay to make mistakes and that no one is perfect. I want them to know just how much I care about them and that they can always come back to chat, even when I'm not their teacher anymore. I am blessed to have taught this group of kids.

They always say you never forget your first year kids...no matter how many years you teach. It is going to be so hard to say goodbye to mis alumnos on Friday. I have had a tough year personally and professionally but the beauty in it all far outweighs the hard parts.

Man, I feel sentimental right now.

I just can't seem to get over that in November, I was set on coming back to Colorado after one year. I hated it here and could think of nothing better than going home. Now, my home is here and I have been so blessed to have the opportunity to teach internationally. Growth is painful and just so worth it in the end.

Here is to a challenging, beautiful, scary, crazy, hysterical, lovely first year of teaching!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hannah, I just wanted to let you know that I love reading your blog, and although I don't check it often enough to ever be caught up, I find myself interested enough to go back as far as the page will let me. Your words are inspiring and your enthusiasm brings a smile to my face. Thank you.
~Keegan

Hannah said...

Thanks Keegan! How are you amiga? I'll be in Colorado this summer, would you like to grab coffee?