It's been a day and forever since I last blogged. I blame it on the enormous amount of decisions David and I have made over the past two months and living with a lot of teenagers who take a lot of my time.
Decisions!
#1: I'm engaged. David and I decided we want to get married!
Yay! So pumped to marry this man. I'm a lucky woman! I think this might be the happiest picture I've ever taken.
#2: I've decided to go to grad school! This August, I'll be taking on a new adventure and studying counseling at the Denver Seminary. I went back and forth on this decision, but feel like its a good fit for me at this point in my life.
#3 David and I are moving to Colorado in July. We're changing hemispheres, continents, countries, and cities...and moving to Boulder. Huge change but at peace over it. When David heard he could walk from our apartment to hike, he asked where he could sign. I think Colorado and him are going to be best friends before you know it. He got a sweet job at a charter school in Denver that I think he'll thrive in. Excited for him!
Major choices and major transitions. I haven't always been "good" at transitioning yet there is a peace about all of this that surpasses the magnitude of the change. Leaning on that and trusting we're making the right move.
I'm going to miss Joburg dearly. I've grown to love this city and especially our church. It makes me tear up a bit when I think about leaving the friends we've made here. Yet, peace surrounds the choice.
Excited to see what's next!
No comments:
Post a Comment