Sunday, January 30, 2011

27 reasons to be thankful

My birthday gives me the chance to think of all the things I am thankful for.

In honor of twenty seven years of life, here are twenty seven things I am thankful for, in no particular order. ;)

1. Jesus.
-Recently I have been overwhelmed by how much grace God has given to me through Jesus. So thankful for what Jesus did and continues to do for me.

2. My mom and dad
- Sometimes, I take them for granted but man I am thankful for them and all they do for me.

3. My sister
-She's always there for me no matter what.

4. My step brothers and step dad
-Even though I don't say it often, I really love them and look up to them ( more than they know) Mike has been such a strong father figure in my life, I really respect him.

5. Juany
-For the gift she has been in my life this year. For all the things she has taught me about following Jesus with my whole heart

6. Beth
-one of the closest girlfriends I've ever had. Always there for me, always honest with me, I love her.

7. Laura
- so thankful that I have known my dear friend for almost 10 years now. One of the dearest friends I have. Always makes me laugh with her with and is always there for me.

8. My job
-Yes, its stressful but I am so thankful that God has given me this job in the midst of economic turmoil in the States. It's stable, it pays well, and has taught me MUCHO about teaching

9. My students
-For all their quirks and ways they touch my life. I'm thankful for the joy of teaching them each day.

10. My apartment
-A place of peace. Its very different than living in San Pedro but I am so glad that God has brought me to live here this year.

11. Cristina
-my dear neighbor. We're on "Team Juany" together. Without her help and friendship, helping Juany wouldn't be possible this year.

12. The Rodriguez Family
-My dear neighbors. I am so thankful that they have made me feel like family here in Monterrey. They always are welcoming and make me feel comfortable.

13. Armida, my spanish teacher
-She is a pure joy to learn from. I love the way she has become a "mother hen" to me over my three years here in Monterrey. I am so thankful for all of the Spanish that she has taught me.

14. David
-I really couldn't ask for a better boyfriend..really! He's a great man of God!

15. My church in Monterrey, "La iglesia cristiana, hope"
-Up until this year, I had a lot of trouble finding a church here in Mty. Hope has taken me in and made me feel so very welcome. I love being part of their community.

16. My experience here in Monterrey
-While its been rough at times, I wouldn't trade this experience for anything. It has made me the woman I am today.....I have grown to love this country, insecurity and all.

17. Spanish
-what a struggle to learn this language. But, I am so thankful for it. It has humbled me and made me really appreciate communication.

18. Texas
-I love this state. Just three hours from Mty, it's my taste of "home" here.

19. My sister-in-law
My brother won the jackpot when he married her. Really, she is a wonderful woman of God and has been such a blessing in my life. She always gives me advice and is a great listener.

20. My bible study
-This year, I have been meeting with several girls from my work to study the Bible. It has been such a blessing to have girls like this in my life. I love Wed. nights and their company.

21. My 5th grade team
-am so blessed to work with such great teachers. They are always willing to share, always willing to talk, always willing to help...

22. My car
-wouldn't be able to function well without it here in Mexico. Even when its about to die
(please Jesus, let me keep it for two more years) my old honker keeps on trucking.....even in the midst of crazy drivers in Mexico :)

23. The uncertainty of the future
-Why should I be thankful for this? Well, it makes me draw on the Lord so much more. I know that God knows what I am going to do next year...I might not know...but He does.

24. My electric kettle
- When its freezing in my house, nothing beats a HOT cup of tea. My dad gave me this amazing kettle last year for Christmas. It's fantastic and boils water in less than two minutes.

25. The art of teaching
-I really feel blessed to be a teacher. For awhile, I doubted whether this was the right profession for me. I really feel like God has given me a big heart for kids in elementary school. I can't think of a better way to reach out to them than through teaching. I am so thankful for my career.

26. Skype
-The best way to keep in touch with the people I love in Colorado and other parts of the world. It's easy, its free, man its fantastic.

27. Running
-When I'm feeling stressed, its the best way to clear my mind. It makes any bad day turn into a good one...thankful my family has the "running gene"

"Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you who belong to Christ Jesus." 1 Thess. 5:18
Here's to being 27 and the things that will come with it. :)

No comments: