
I'm reading a book right now called Always Enough. It's about a couple who moved to Mozambique to serve in one of the poorest countries in Africa. For lack of a better term, this book is blowing me away. The sheer faith this couple has is simply amazing. They have given up everything, I mean everything, to serve Jesus and preach to the down and out. They have risked their lives to make sure people know the Lord. They have seen miracles that we've only read about in the Bible.. People being raised from the dead. Children being healed from life threatening illnesses. Reading the book leaves me in awe. Awe of Jesus. Awe of things he does to bring people to Him. And awe of this couple, who have given everything to make Jesus known. I crave having faith like this.
My heart aches to work with the "least of these" like this couple has. To serve those no one else wants to help. To reach out to those who have no one. I don't know how that will look. I've thought about teaching in the inner city. I've thought about volunteering or working with girls that have identity issues. Counseling. Living abroad again. Going back to Kwangwali.
I feel like God gives me bread crumbs, like this book, to show me what He wants me to do. He's fighting for me, I only need to be sill ( exodus 14:14) I just need to rest in Him, trust in Him, and follow Him. He'll close and open doors along the way. I just need an open heart and open hands. No matter what I do, God keeps telling me, "I'm Always Enough." He's not going to bring me to a place, just because. He brings us to places just to draw us closer to Him. It's a promise. So no matter what course my life takes over this next year, I can rest on the truth that Jesus is always enough.always.
One of my favorite quotes from this book
When we are poor in spirit, we no longer compete. We no longer jostle for titles. When we have no drive to be noticed and known, we are not offended by lack of attention. We find no satisfaction in ministry status. Then we can walk in unity, preferring others above ourselves. Our only desire is to live the life of a humble servent-lover of our Lord Jesus.
No comments:
Post a Comment