Sunday, May 17, 2009

Tres mas semanas

My Goofy Class :)
I found out this past week that the professors from New York will not be coming to teach our masters' courses due to the swine flu. Because of this, our classes will be held online. Instead of coming back to Colorado in July, I can come back on June 6th! This was some of the best news I've heard in a long time. While I have been really happy here recently, home is home! You can't beat Colorado in the summer time! I am so excited to be in Denver/Boulder for a few months and just enjoy some free time.

Things I can't wait to do

-See the MOZ girls
-Hug Laura Walter
-spoon Beth Burkey
-See my family
-Go to Target
-Walk the Pearl Street Mall in Boulder
-Sit at a coffee shop all day and read a book of my choice
-Go dancing on 80's night
-Go to the Vineyard
-Sleep

With three weeks to go, I have been feeling a little sad about saying goodbye to my students. Sure they can be a pain sometimes, but I love them and care about them just so much. They are a beautiful group of kids, with wonderful qualities and talents. I want to see each of them succeed and do well as they head off into middle school. Oh man, I can already tell I am going to have a hard time as a teacher letting students go each year. ;)

I got into a car accident this morning. I was driving to church and stopped at an OXXO to grab a cup of coffee. As I was pulling out of the parking lot, this huge red truck backed into my passenger side door. Get this, HE RAN! I called my insurance company and they are only going to cover part of it. I needed to get the guy's license plate number to file a report. It's a huge bummer but I am just glad that I didn't get hurt.

I have been reflecting a lot on this past year and WOW, God has just done so much in my life. I can't think of one thing that is the same from the moment I drove into Mexico. It's just a beautiful thing. I've changed and for once, that doesn't scare me.

No comments: