Saturday, May 30, 2009

End of the year

Wow, I can't believe it! I have one week left of teaching; our final day is this Friday. I've been really emotional these past days over it. I start tearing up every time I think about saying goodbye to my students and the departing teachers on my team. I've really grown close to several teachers in the 5th grade that are no longer going to be teaching at ASFM next year. I can't believe that I have one more week with them before I have say goodbye. They are beautiful women, fabulous teachers, and I am truly going to miss being around them next year. (Sigh)

We found out some crazy news yesterday. This entire year, we have been planning on moving 3rd-5th grade to a new campus in the fall. Yesterday, the super intendant emailed us and told us they are postponing the move for a full year. While I think this is a smart idea, I have really shaped and planned my life around this move. I already have a lease for a house out in Santa Catarina and am moving out of my house (two short blocks from the Missouri campus) in a week. My original reason for moving out there was to be close to the new campus. Now, I will be thirty minutes away from school and will have to commute every day. It's not ideal but I am still excited about my new house. I can sum up this entire year by one word: Flexibility.

Here are some pictures from the dance party we had in our classroom yesterday with our 2nd grade reading buddies. It was epic!

Dance Circle! Watch out!
Group Picture of 2B and 5C
I think they called this dance move the "helicopter" LOL

No comments: