I'm a week away from leaving Mexico. It hurts right now. It hurts leaving friends that I just love. It hurts knowing I won't be teaching my kids anymore. It hurts knowing Juany and I won't live together anymore. It hurst knowing I have to say goodbye to my church. And while I have a mountain of things to look forward to, my heart feels heavy.
On Friday, I said goodbye to the two closest friends I've made here. These girls are sisters to me. It's funny because I met Lauren and Rachel just a year ago, yet I feel like I've known them for a life time. For two years I prayed that Jesus would bring me Christian sisters and he answered this year by putting them on my 5th grade team. When I said goodbye to them on Friday, I thanked God for being so kind to me by placing them in my life. It's not a coincidence that I met them. This isn't the end of our friendship, its just the beginning.
And even though I've been a bit of an emotional basket case this past week, I keep praising God for bringing me to Mexico. It hurts because I am invested. It hurts because I lived with both feet planted here. It hurts because my heart is here.
No comments:
Post a Comment