Tuesday, October 19, 2010

decisions

It's that time of year again. The school hands you a piece of paper that asks what your intentions are for next year. Needless to say, I have some big decisions to make in the next two weeks. Do I stay here? Do I move on to a new international school? Do I go home? These questions keep circling inside my head like a broken record.

I have come to love my life in Mexico. If you would have asked me two years ago if I'd still be here right now, I would have laughed. I really hated it here. I wanted to pack my things up and head back to Colorado. Now, I have a hard time imagining leaving Monterrey. Am I ready to let go of my life here? To leave Juany? To say goodbye to my church and friends?

There is another part of me that wants a new adventure. Experience at my job right now can lead to a lot of other international opportunities. I could go to another job fair and apply to different schools in all sorts of exotic countries. They pay well, offer great professional development, and give you the chance to travel during your time off. I'm young and single. Why not take the risk and go somewhere new?

The family side of me wants to go back to Colorado. I love my fam and friends there so much. I know that the transition back would be rough but I'd adapt. The thought of being able to go to a Nugget's game with my dad or watch snow fall again makes me really excited.

I keep praying, God guide me in the right direction with this decision. I don't want to please other people with where I go, I just want to please the Lord.

The other night God gave me a verse in Psalm 27:14.

It says,
"Wait for the Lord
Be strong and take heart
And wait for the Lord."

The next day, I opened up the daily verse on biblegateway.com and saw the same one.
The Lord is asking me to wait on this one
I just have to be patient.




2 comments:

Laura S said...

Yuck, decision-making is the worst. And having patience is even more difficult. I'll keep you in my prayers, that the Lord will make it completely clear where he wants you next, if somewhere else, or if he wants you to stay put... By what date do you have to hand in your decision?

Hannah said...

Hey Laura, thanks for your prayers! I am pretty sure I have to decide by the end of this month. Although, I think I am going to ask for an extension so I can really pray about it some more. I hope you are doing well!