Friday, May 13, 2011

saying goodbye

I've been back in Monterrey for two weeks now and can't get over how fast my time here is going. I'll be back in Colorado in just five weeks. I know it hasn't hit me yet. When I drive in the morning, it feels like I'll always be taking this same route. When I come home, it feels like I'll always be using these keys. It's strange. I keep telling myself that I'm moving, but my heart doesn't feel it.

When I think about all that has to be done before I leave, it seems impossible. Grades, comments, goodbyes, moving out, finishing my thesis and master's degree, and finishing up at the school. I want to savor each moment but its flying by so quickly.

When I think back to a month ago, it seems like no time at all. I can't believe I'll be saying goodbye to Mexico so soon.

No comments: