Thursday, November 5, 2009

Platicando en Español

This past weekend in Guanojuato, Maryanne and I met a couple of new friends from D.F. While we were desperately trying to get tickets to a jazz concert that was already sold out, a young fellow came up to us, and offered us free tickets. Amazed at his kindness, we instantly became friends. I spent the rest of the weekend only speaking Spanish. It's crazy what two days of "no english" can do for a girl. I struggled, yes. And I'm sure he didn't understand some things I was saying but I finally had a friend where English was not an option.

Yesterday, my new friend Josue sent me an email. To clearly make sure I understood the email, he put the "english translation" right under his email in Spanish.

It simply read:

HELLO my Friends; Hannah
Receive a greeting, hugs and kisses.
I am coming to the work in the D.F, it was a very calm trip.
I like to know them very much, was very entertained to share the dance and the breakfast, Entertained
Thanks for the moments that live with you, and I hope that this friendship that this arising is kept forever.
I want to see the photos that we did and the video of the interview. Tomorrow I write with more time. Today I have to do reports of all my activities in Guanajuato.
I hope that the trip to Monterrey has been very calm.
I say goodbye kisses and hugs.
Josue

Man, I love Mexicans! :)

1 comment:

JS said...

Hannah! I've always known Joshua in Spanish is Josue but I've never heard of a Mexican Josue until now. Glad things are on the up and up for you!!
-Josh