I can feel the apathy setting in. It's a contagious disease that anyone can feel in the air of the hallways at ASFM. All the teachers have it, the students are all infected....it's crazy. Spring fever is here and with 5 weeks left of my first year of teaching, I have a terrible case of it. While the grading piles up, I would rather read a book outside. When I have the choice between planning a good lesson or leaving school early, I choose leaving early. Oh man, its bad! A lot of it has to do with the weather here. It's been well over 40 (100 for all you farenheiters) this past week and definitely doesn't have any plans to change, except to get hotter. All I want is a pool and a margarita! Summer is so close and I am getting really excited to see my fam and friends in Colorado for part of it.
I just got back from two weeks off. I went down to Acapulco for one week and attended a Campus Crusade conference. The other week, I was at language school in Cuernavaca. It was crazy to be completely immersed in Spanish. I learned a lot and loved the family I got to stay with there.
I've been thinking a lot about this year and just how different it has turned out than I thought it would. It's been so HARD but good and wonderful at the same time. I feel like most people associate the word hard with bad, but it's been so far from the case for me. There have been a ton of tears but with them, I have really grown up a lot. I've learned a lot about myself, a lot about God, a lot about my career, and a lot about being an adult. I think if I can say the one thing that has changed the most in me this year has been my love for Jesus. I have been a Christian for years but this year has truly turned my heart around. I don't think I have ever been this in love with Jesus before. He's been there for me through thick and thin. He's helped me out of bad situations, He's been faithful, He's shown his love for me in ways I can't describe, and has just held me when times have been rough. Without pain, we can't change right? Thank you God for redefining me in You this year. It's been a journey but one well worth taking!
In times of confusion and chaos and pain
I'm there in your sorrow under the weight of your shame
I'm there through your heartache
I'm there in the storm
my love i will keep you by my power alone
i dont care where you've fallen, where you have been
I'll never forsake you
my love never ends, it never ends
I hear you say "my love is over,
its underneath, its inside, its in between
-tenth avenue north-
I can't believe I am almost done with my first year of teaching! Este es LOCO!!!! Voy a extranar mis estudiantes mucho!
Te amo mucho amigos!
2 comments:
Random thing I stumbled across -- did you know Cuernavaca and Denver are sister cities? :O)
http://www.denversistercities.org/cities.php
wow, that is crazy! I didn't know that :)
Post a Comment